Uncle Dave's Brass Model Trains
Important Information & Data for Collectors & Operators
- RAILROAD / ENTITY LIST
- This list contains the names of prototype railroads and other entities by which brass models are identified.
- In addition to those identified by prototype railroads, brass models have also been produced that are not railroad specific. Therefore, this list also contains entries for prototype manufacturers, owners, leasing companies, "USRA", and the like.
- The list is arranged in alphabetical order by the acronym or abbreviation of the prototype name followed by the AAR Reporting Mark and the full name. The acronyms for narrow gauge roads end in "n". For example, Denver & Rio Grande Western narrow guage will appear as "D&RGn".
- The AAR Reporting Mark often differs from the abbreviations commonly used in model railroading and is provided here as a cross reference. The reporting mark is an identification assigned by the Association of American Railroads (AAR) to rail carriers and other companies operating in North America.
- This compilation is limited to prototypes for which brass models were produced and may not be comprehensive.
- IMPORTER LIST
- This list contains the names of importers which have produced ready to run brass model trains and brass kits.
- The list is arranged in alphabetical order by acronym of the importer name followed by the full name. The acronyms are used in Uncle Dave's website model listings and otherwise commonly used.
- The Date column indicates the approximate dates of that importer's activity.
- This compilation is extensive but may not be comprehensive.